Photo Credit: WholeYouNYC
Hosting a successful corporate event is all in the details. In order to make your event go off without a hitch, it’s important to allow yourself enough time to plan each stage of the event so you’re not rushed or overwhelmed.
While the planning stage depends on the date, size, and complexity of your event, it helps to have a general idea of what needs to be done, and when. If you’re not sure where to begin, we’re here to help. Here is a general timeline for planning your next corporate event at Tribeca Rooftop + 360° in NYC.
12-18 Months Before The Event
- Define the objective of your event. What is its purpose, goals, and who is the target audience?
- Determine your budget and allocate funds for each aspect of your event.
- Book your date with Tribeca Rooftop + 360° in NYC.
- Hire key vendors such as decorators.
- Plan your menu
- Coordinate with your AV Team
- Create an event plan with a schedule of activities.
6 - 12 Months Before The Event
- Finalize the details of your event, including the agenda, guest speakers, and entertainment.
- Create a marketing plan to promote the event and attract guests.
- Secure any necessary sponsorships.
- Set up a registration website or RSVP list.
- Arrange accommodations for guests who require them.
- Obtain any permits or insurance needed for your event.
3-6 Months Before The Event
- Confirm guest speakers, presenters, panelists, and entertainment.
- Begin promoting your event through social media, email, or other means.
- Create marketing materials for distribution at your event.
- Hire volunteers or staff to work behind the scenes at your event.
1-3 Months Before The Event
- Confirm all arrangements with vendors, suppliers, and your venue.
- Send out detailed pertinent information to your guests and speakers.
- Host rehearsals for presenters if necessary.
- Assign responsibilities to your event team.
- Formulate a backup plan in case of unforeseen circumstances.
1 Week Before The Event
- Conduct a final check of all event elements.
- Confirm that you have received all of the required materials and supplies necessary for your event.
- Conduct a final briefing of staff and volunteers.
- Delegate responsibilities to team members who will be assisting at your event.
Day Of The Event
- Arrive at the venue early to oversee the setup of your event.
- Coordinate with volunteers, staff, and vendors who will be attending the event.
- Oversee the attendee check-in and registration process as guests arrive.
- Be available to troubleshoot any issues or emergencies that may occur during your event.
After The Event
- Send thank you notes and follow up with participants, volunteers, staff, and sponsors and ask for feedback about the event.
- Evaluate the financial performance of the event versus the event’s budget.
- Gather feedback, make notes, and review the success of your event for future events.
- Finalize details like vendor payments and outstanding tasks. Complete all contracts.
Remember, each event is different, and some steps may need to be completed at different times or in a different order, but with a little planning, you can ensure that the moving parts involved in hosting your event all work together.
To learn more about hosting a corporate event here, please contact Tribeca Rooftop + 360° in NYC today.